Flash-Programmable Clock Generator
• Three integrated phase-locked loops (PLLs)
• Ultra-wide divide counters (8-bit Q, 11-bit P, and 7-bit
• Improved linear crystal load capacitors
• Flash programmability with external programmer
• Low-jitter, high-accuracy outputs
• Power-management options (Shutdown, OE, Suspend)
• Configurable crystal drive strength
• Frequency select via three external LVTTL inputs
• 3.3V operation
• 16-pin TSSOP package
• CyClocksRT™ support
• Generates up to three unique frequencies on up to six
outputs from an external source.
• Allows for 0-ppm frequency generation and frequency
conversion in the most demanding applications.
• Improves frequency accuracy over temperature, age,
process, and initial ppm offset.
• Non-volatile programming enables easy customization,
ultra-fast turnaround, performance tweaking, design timing
margin testing, inventory control, lower part count, and more
secure product supply. In addition, any part in the family can
be programmed multiple times, which reduces
programming errors and provides an easy upgrade path for
• In-house programming of samples and prototype quantities
are available using the CY3672 FTG Development Kit.
Production quantities are available through Cypress
Semiconductor’s value-added distribution partners or by
using third-party programmers from BP Microsystems, HiLo
Systems, and others.
• Performance suitable for high-end multimedia, communica-
tions, industrial, A/D converters, and consumer applica-
• Supports numerous low-power application schemes and
reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) by allowing
unused outputs to be turned off.
• Adjust crystal drive strength for compatibility with virtually
• 3-bit external frequency select options for PLL1, CLKA, and
• Industry-standard supply voltage.
• Industry-standard packaging saves on board space.
• Easy to use software support for design entry.
• Allows in-system programming into volatile configuration
memory. All frequency settings can be changed providing
literally millions of frequency options.
• Adjust output buffer strength to lower EMI or improve timing
• Fine tune crystal oscillator frequency by changing load
• Differential output up to 400 MHz.
• Provides interfacing option for low-voltage parts.
Configurable output buffer
High-frequency LVPECL output (CY22394 only)
3.3/2.5V outputs (CY22395 only)
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
Document #: 38-07186 Rev. *B
3901 North First Street
Revised June 23, 2004